(Now updated with shower/toilet block)
“The Outpost” is a fabulous lakeside fishing retreat and scenic getaway. You have the entire lake and surroundings to yourselves in total privacy on our private 600 acre estate.
This is our largest lake with the best stamp of fish for the carp specimen hunter.
The cabin is situated on the northern side of the lake facing south and gets the sun all day, sat on the edge of the lake with a large veranda extending out over the water. This cabin sleeps 2.
You will have the entire lake and surrounding area to yourselves in a very special location completely unspoilt and remote from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. This is not a match fishing venue, its more for people who enjoy good fishing combined with appreciation of rural peaceful countryside, calm and quiet in a beautiful setting!!
Comments “Stunningly Awesome ” and “Utter paradise”have been amongst a few of the glowing reviews received to date.
This old secluded 2 acre carp lake is hidden away in the quiet Herefordshire countryside and was built in mind for fisherman and countryside enthusiasts. The lake was personally stocked by myself almost 20 years ago with a quality strain of both common and mirror carp, and a few tench. They have matured and grown over the years and are great fighters.This is a very special location, protected and nurtured by myself and I am keen to host anglers who appreciate and enjoy the location and leave it as unspoilt as they find it .
There are quality carp to 29lbs ,there are a few large tench, more tench and perch introduced 2017 and a 7lb eel was caught last year. The lake has yielded the odd large roach and also 1 or 2 Crucian Carp.
There is a wealth of local footpaths and walking trails, as well as being able to walk across the whole 600 acre estate. Maps provided.
Up to 2 dogs are welcome free of charge.
- Sleeps 2 – A comfortable pull out double sofa-bed. A single camping bed can also be made available on request.
- Kitchen equipped with running water and double gas hob. Plates pots pans and dishes are provided.
- Large gas BBQ with side burner. Gas included.
- Shower, toilet and sink provided with running water (new addition)
- Please bring your own bedding.
- LED TV all freeview channels.
- Large gas heater
- Village shop and Post Office 1/2 mile away, Spar and Filling station 2 miles away.
- Rowing boat is also included for cabin users,with life jackets provided.
The cabin is “OFF GRID” meaning it is only powered by a small solar panel and battery. You will be able to use and charge small electronics such as phone charger, laptop etc but will not be able to plug in anything more powerful such as hair dryers.
- 2019 – £140 per night / 2 people.
- 2020 – £150 prt night / 2 people.
- Check in is from 2pm, with departure 12 noon.
- Due to the location of the Cabin and proximity to the water, we do not advise children only under strict adult supervision.
After prolonged periods of rain and bad conditions, the Outpost can be difficult to access with a car, however you can park up 200 yards away and we can take you to the lake by 4×4.
Please see the below calendar for availability.
Cancellation Policy – Please be aware a 50% deposit must be paid on making the booking. A full refund will be granted with 2 months notice of cancellation, 50% will be refunded with 1month notice.
Bookings made within 4 weeks of arrival date will require 100% upfront.
Please ensure you have full comprehensive travel insurance for your booking to protect yourself against unforseen circumstances, as no refunds will be offered out of these periods.
Please be advised when booking to leave a gap of at least 2 days which is our minimum booking period, or no gap at all.